Saturday, November 17, 2018

Lieutenant Complete (not a primaris)

Lieutenant Aurelius was completed the other day and he has even participated in a battle!  He survived a point-blank Warp Spider ambush and even knocked one out himself.

So much fun.

As is standard for my army I sealed with dullcoat and then gave the cape brooch and chest eagle gems a layer of 'ard Coat glossy varnish to make them a real gem shine.  This, and the robes on my D&D (AoS) warrior priest are the first fabrics that I've painted - still need practice but starting to get the hang of it.  I had used this post (one of the top google searches right now) for tips on painting robes: http://gravengames.co.uk/how-to-paint-natural-coloured-robes-tutorial/



Free-handed skull icon and rank marking.



4 comments:

  1. Not a Primaris eh? It’ll never catch on... nice Oldhammer veteran suits the Lt rank. Good job, is the paint cracked or frosted close up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the primer on some of my minis got a little fuzzy. I think I have learned by now not to do them when it is real cold and to use higher quality sprays, but any tips/ suggestions would be appreciated. I think the texture does give the armor an ancient sort of look though so I stuck with it.

      Delete
    2. Pretty much that, shake can for at least a whole minute, don’t spray when too cold or too humid, spray from 6-12in away, further it dries in air, nearer it drowns mini, and start and stop spray off the mini, passing by the mini mid spray.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, yeah good old internet has been great for learning about these things and using my blog to record it.

      Delete