Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Oldhammer headhunter, shell-shocked, and MK III Marines

It has been a long time coming, but I finally finished some of my classics!  They will fill into my tactical marines and give me enough models to play around with configurations without being short.  Also they add a lot of character!  The Mk IIIs can also be used as veterans, since obviously their armor would definitely be relics from the Horus Heresy (and my hobby box)!



I have a catalog dated from 1991 that contains these:





Iron Armor (Space Marine Mark 3) 070270/10



Bolter 11 070106/10 (which I think should have been labeled as wounded 3 on page 8)



He also appears on my October 1992 White Dwarf back cover!



and Bolter and Face Mask 070106/11  (the Headhunter)



I couldn't find which book he was in, but I've seen this picture before.

Anyway, these models have been about half painted for at least 6 years and were a couple of the first faces that I've worked on.  Headhunter has 3 faces - the two dead ones were fun practice.  While they look weird up close, it works from tabeltop distance.  Also, my guess is that the heads would actually not look life like in that state, so it is probably somewhat accurate.  Its interesting that the example they went with a zombie blue face.



I'm happy with how 'shell-shocked' turned out.




Here's a few going through the final stages of highlights.  I wanted to keep them in the old style even though I felt I could have done some different things.






1 comment:

  1. Great seeing Old School bought back to life and gamed with once again!

    ReplyDelete