Monday, January 24, 2022

Appy 'n Teckie (WIP)

Continuing with the nicknames we have a new project in the works: a pair of early edition support marines.  A Techmarine with a toolbox (070133/74) and an Apothecary with a bolter (070133/63).  It's interesting that for a long time the Apothecary with bolter loadout was supported, but it seems recently they stopped with that.  Because WYSIWYG is important to me, I'm going to attach a chainsword to his backpack, and the sculpt already has a bolt pistol on his hip, so it should be fine.




Both of these are from the 1991 catalogue so I think they are safely considered Rogue Trader era.  Traditionally these models came with standard Space Marine backpacks, but I wanted to make sure that they had silhouettes and loadouts that are close to the modern datasheets, so I'm going to use 2nd edition backpacks for both.  These slightly newer but still very old backpacks give a better approximation of what modern models look like, but still have a very classic look.  Really the main thing was the servo-arm, making sure that was on the Techmarine was important since its an iconic thing that has been there since 2nd edition and is a special weapon unique to the datasheet.  I can probably get away saying the toolbox has some other weapon/thingy.




I'm excited to work on these, I've found some great examples online of these models and gives a good guide to shoot for.

No comments:

Post a Comment