Sunday, October 28, 2018

Hand Painted Ultramarines logos

Since the decal failure awhile ago I've been freehand painting my Ultramarine icons.  It kinda gives them a Rogue Trader look anyway so its good.

The first stage is to put in a gray circle with a horizontal line cutting through the top.

Next I do the interior part of the U which looks like a tear drop (or Blood Angels drop), then I kinda fill in the rest with a lighter gray.

Then we use blue to erase things that dont quite look right and to fill in the tear drop to be blue rather than gray.

Finally I use true white to complete the logo and highlight.


These are currently waiting the blue to erase some of the weird proportions and take out the dark gray in the middle of some (hard to see with this light).


You may recognize the LT here from the face painting post way back.  He still isn't quite done.  Told you I took a break, but I hope to complete him in the next few weeks here.


Update:

Here's some pictures of the finished Us


No comments:

Post a Comment