Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Vanguard Veterans (WIP) Update 3

Vanguard Vets are magnetized and primed and painting is in progress!

The base coat priming didn't go on exactly as I'd like.  It's such an important step and it seems like there is a lot in the hands of the humidity and temperature gods.  I think this time I sprayed when it was too dry and windy and a bit too far away so there is a very minor fuzz in a few patches.  

Some of the tricks online are to use glass wine bottles with the miniature tacked to the cap.  This provides a heavy, stable base that wont get blown around in the wind and allows you to hold the miniature so you can get a good angle on the underside and also spin to get 360.  The video I watched also seemed to have them spray closer than I have been which might help with the spray drying too much before contact.



No comments:

Post a Comment