Friday, February 24, 2023

Vanguard Veterans Complete!



Ok, finally done.  Best models yet!  It's true what they say, just keep painting and you get better and better every time.

While I think that the gothic text for Sergeant Nox's was my best ever, the text lettering across all shields and etc. was fairly consistent and still pretty neat.






The face for the (yet unnamed) alternate sergeant's face really turned out great too, very pleased.


The NMM gold also turned out pretty great for a first real dive into that.  I can definitely see spots where it isn't quite right, but I feel that this is one of those skills that will have a lot of room to master.  Mostly it seems like its all about looking at examples and reference images.  There is a guy on instagram that posts really great examples all the time and I think had subconsciously helped me a bit, maybe further conscious effort to look at his work, and others, would be the next step there.







I think the magnetization needs a bit of improvement.  I used smaller magnets (mostly because drilling bigger holes into pewter might not have been possible) and between that less than perfect placement - some of the arms feel a bit weakly attached, or aren't quite joining perfectly.  That's an area to improve next time.  I do think these vets are a bit of a special case with different weapon options, but yeah not exactly sure if it was worth it.









And finally here they are in the pose I've been capturing throughout the process.  Perhaps I'll get around to a gif that steps through the steps again.



No comments:

Post a Comment