Saturday, June 10, 2023

Next Project: Retro Rhinos and Razorback (WIP)


This next project will take a bit: I had 3 sealed original vehicles - 2 retro Rhinos and a retro Razorback that I obtained from a friend's collection.

Everything is original and was still on the sprues and of course the original transfers and instructions.







I even found a bonus sprue in the Razorback box that I'm having troubles identifying.


I've heard that the grip bar that runs along the top of the rhino is very fragile, and I can tell looking at how thin they are.  My plan is to get some brass rods and shape/solder them into the same form.  I also want to magnetize the turret and add some internal filler (thinking wood blocks) to the main hull to add some weight and structure. Since the turret addon for the Razorback is metal, I think the internal structure will be important for supporting and balancing it as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment