Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Devastator Squad

The devastator squad gave me a chance to try some new colors and refine some techniques I had first learned on the sergeants. My goal was to make each weapon type have a color scheme that would make it stand out a bit and also identify it right away. I chose green for the lascannon (green laser!) purplish for plasma like before, and boltgun metal for the heavy bolter (surprise). The backpacks would get these colors too and it really worked out since the colors are the gun "ammo" it makes sense the backpacks would have the same colors.

For plasma and lascannons I wanted the backpacks to have a glowing effect due to the "high energies" of the backpack power sources. It worked pretty well for the plasma cannon, but the green on the lascannon was harder to do due to the shape of the pack. It's not quite right so I might come back to it later.

I also refined skulls, chest eagles, and eyes. Also I learned purity seals and they turned out well! I used the micro pen technique for the text. It was too bad the giant guns hid most of the work done on the chest eagles but it was good practice for the terminators coming soon.

















No comments:

Post a Comment