Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tactical Squads

Roughly two tactical squads minus heavy weapons from Rogue Traderish era sets. I had a 15 pack of Mark VII marines plus some blisters of uniques including 6 beakes (Mark VI) and one Mark VIII. Most of the uniques would turn into special weapons or sergeants.

I started these a very long time ago and some were for my dad to play an army. It turned out we never came close to really starting. He had only painted some of the eyes with green. So I took them back awhile ago and again didn't get going on them. When I moved into my condo I set aside space in the garage to work on them but there was still a bike in the way. Finally I cleared it out and got to work this September.

I had painted marines a long time ago but I would say these were my first success, owing a lot to the examples painted for me by my friend Anna. The rest was experience gained reading blogs and painting. It was sure a lot of blue. The other exciting thing was the shoulders. I had picked up Ultramarine embossed shoulders and they look great!

















No comments:

Post a Comment