Friday, June 21, 2019

Terminator Librarian Complete! Isaac Theodesius

Presenting Epistolary Prior Isaac Theodesius!



Only took twenty-five years.  The 1991 Citadel catalog lists him as "Librarian RTB/6".  My skills are finally worthy to give him a decent coat of paint.  Been really looking forward to finishing him -psyker powers, especially from Rogue Trader, were always really cool.

I paint in the old style, and also I wanted to have a combination of dramatic lighting effects and effects that made his armor look very ancient.  Thus, especially around the feet I didn't fill in all of the shades of color to leave things looking shadowy and also covered with sooty grime in the corners of the armor.  If you've ever visited old churches in Europe where they don't dust, I was going for the same thing.  The gothic style and veneration of battle artifacts would probably mean they also don't clean anything they don't have to.


As I had posted with an earlier preview while WIP, I took a heraldic quartering pattern that worked great.  I layered on the whites starting from a dark gray and slowly built up.  And like wise with the blue.

Layering on the gold and other bits was a lot of fun now that I've had a lot of experience from the prior tactical marines and lieutenant.


2 comments:

  1. Great old school sculpt, nicely done but I would rebased on a 40mm Base a lot more befitting for a Termie, I know legally ‘the base it’s supplied with’ for gaming, but Termies look better on 40mm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Siph. Yeah we'll see about the bases. I kinda like having my army as vintage as possible. To give you a sneak preview, my next projects are in the works: 10 vintage Assault Termies, 2 vintage Dreadnoughts, and the really cool but newer-ish (2008?) Chaplain in Terminator armor that has the larger base. So maybe I'll re-base my HQs when I finish him.

    ReplyDelete