Monday, February 21, 2022

Appy 'n Teckie (WIP) Update 4

All of the detail is done!  And I've applied a base coat of brush on varnish.  I think I will do that from now on (at least for important models) to add extra protection.  I've read that Testors Dullcoat spray doesn't protect very well.  I'll still use it for the finish, but I think the extra varnish under might be a good idea.

I still need to pin the backpacks on, finish the bases, and spray on the dullcoat.  And then also apply the final metallic highlights.


I finished the liquid vials on the backpack - the last step was to apply the blue colors for the upper part of the glass.  I think overall it was a success.


I just found some old references to post heresy Ultramarine Chief Apothecary and Master of the Forge names in an old White Dwarf (WD97).  Guess who now has names?



While I like using my own names for my models, and would never use 'Named' Character datasheets (well maybe someday I might get a Robby G...) but I will use a 'known' name that isn't attached to a datasheet, especially if its a really obscure and retro reference!  

But some of those names though, oh man, Christopher Columbus (basically) - right up there with Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock Clousseau ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment