Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Chappy 'n Cappy (WIP) Update 4

Different angle closer to the light shows the progress a bit better with the phone camera.


I think the primer let me down a bit.  I'm not sure if this is a consequence of a temperature/humidity type problem or brand problem, but it is a bit fuzzy/bumpy, and its a shame.  It's holding me back from really replicating the reference GW work, otherwise, I think I actually had a shot!  Nevertheless, I'm really happy with my technique improvements.


I've also made some progress on the cape.  I had to start over on the reds I had started in 2019 which weren't turning out the way I wanted.  This was also part of the reason why it took me awhile to come back.  So I painted over all of it with Gal Vorbak Red and started over.  This time I was using new pots of GW reds as opposed to the Vallejo reds.  Khorne, Mephiston, and Evil Sunz Scarlet are a bit more opaque than the Vallejo reds and were just a bit easier to work with so I am much happier with it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment