Monday, December 13, 2021

Chappy 'n Cappy (WIP) Update 5

Edge highlights!  Now starting in on highlight washes for the bone areas (still work to do).


I've found that taking pictures that I can study and zoom in helps me find areas where blending/highlights/shading isn't quite right and I can go back and fix. For example, the Chaplain's right cheek bone needs to be a bit brighter.




A few weeks back I got "Figopedia: Light & Colour - Theory & Practice" by Jeremie Bonamant Teboul (all the way from France!) It's a great resource and I've only scratched the surface.  I'm still trying to get the very basics down.  The bone, scrolls, and purity seals on the Chaplain are all warm tones and the armor will be cooler tones (in the highlight colors).  At first I thought this might be violating the theory, but it seems that he does have a technique where you can do that to create contrast, so lets say yes I did that intentionally!  Anyway, looking forward to learning and applying more as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment