Thursday, April 21, 2022

Chief Apothecary Hulm Singa Complete!

 Chief Apothecary Hulm Singa:

It is a 1991 miniature (catalogue #070133/63) but as with my techmarine, I decided to go with a 2nd edition backpack to give him the iconic Apothecary silhouette (lamps etc).  For a long time GW published lists that gave bolters to Apothecaries as an option to support these miniatures.  At some point though they gave up and now only pistols and chainswords are on the wargear list.  So, because wysiwyg is important to me, I stuck a chainsword on the backpack too.  The pistol was already holstered on the sculpt.

White is tricky, but I feel I did alright with it.  I experimented with a little contrast in some areas like the shoulder insignias and studs.

Also I am fairly pleased with how the vials/IVs on the backpack turned out as posted before.  To finalize the glass look I put 'ard coat on them and it really made the difference.  Looking at the pictures now though I might go back and apply a bit more shading to the IV lines and some 'ard coat on them too.

Pinning the backpack was quite a pain, even though it is plastic (while the miniature is probably lead, or maybe pewter) the join tab didn't line up very well, and the older sculpts really had weird designs anyway.  Figuring out where exactly the backpack wanted to sit most securely and then figure out where the pin holes should go took almost +++redacted+++ [an embarrassing amount of time].  But now that it's on I feel like it's fairly well connected.  I mean obviously it still has a bunch of fiddly bits with the camera, lamp, and chainsword, but its on there.


Yay friends:






1 comment:

  1. Nice addition of the backpack and chainsword to make wysiwyg.

    ReplyDelete