Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Battle Report: Vadinax Campaign - Mission 8 More Orks


The 8th Vadinax campaign mission was a bit of a clunker for me.  I had upgraded my Order of Battle to 2000 points which had me increase the Vanguard Veterans unit size, and I had upgraded my chaplain to a Master of Sanctity.  But this made it hard to take a good 1500 point list.

I knew it was a bad idea not to take any tactical marines, but yet I did it anyway.  

Battle Report:

Ruleset: Core Crusade 2023 Arks of Omen Grand Tournament - Strike Force, 2023 Q1 Balance Datasheet & Points, and Goonhammer Vadinax Crusade rules
Mission: Arks of Omen GT: Tide of Conviction
Points: 1500

My Forces:

**Chapter Selector**: Ultramarines
Battle Size [6CP]: Strike Force(101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) [6CP]
Game Type: 4. Chapter Approved: Arks of Omen Grand Tournament + Crusade

+ HQ +

  • Primus Leo Exevio Faustus - Captain in Terminator Armour: Rites of War, The Sanctic Halo, Power Fist, Wrist mounted grenade launcher, Storm Bolter, Warlord (Warleader)
  • Praelior Tarquinius Iulian Regulus - Chaplain in Terminator Armour:  Benediction of Fury  Storm bolter, Canticle of Hate, Litany of Hate, The Imperium's Sword, Master of Sanctity, Mantra of Strength

+ Elites +

  • Chief Apothecary Hulm Singa - Apothecary: Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Selfless Healer, The Armour Indomitus, Conversion Field, Custodian of the Future [Lost Leg Scar]
  • Venerable Brother "Fury" - Dreadnought: Dreadnought melee weapon w/ Storm bolter, Twin Lascannon
  • Squad Nox - 5man Terminator Assault Squad: Teleport Homer,  5x Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield
  • Squad Tourbillion - 5 man Terminator Squad: Teleport Homer, Power sword, Storm bolter, Assault cannon, 3x Chainfist, Power fist
  • Kill Team Rubrum - 5 man Terminator Squad: Teleport Homer, Power sword, Storm bolter, Heavy Flamer, Chainfist, 3x Power fist
  • Squad Velox - 10 man Vanguard Veterans Squad: Relic Blade, 5x Storm Shields, 4x Thunder Hammers, 5x Lightning Claws (pair) [Disgraced]

+ Heavy Support +

  • Squad Nero - Devastator Squad: Power sword, plasma pistol, 2x Lascannon, Missile Launcher, Plasma Cannon [Walking Wounded]

+ Fast Attack +

  • "One Charlie" - Land Speeder Tornado: Heavy flamer, Multi-melta
  • "Two Charlie" - Land Speeder Tornado: Heavy flamer, Multi-melta
Agendas: Quest for Atonement (Squad Velox), Reaper, Guide the Chapter

Ramfist's Waaagh!

++ Arks of Omen Detachment ++

+ HQ +

  • Dekk Ramfist - Warboss in Mega Armor
  • Graz - Weirdboy
  • Urggzob Rustmelta - Big Mek in Mega Armor

+ Troops +

  • Da Yellin' Boyz- Boyz
  • Shoota Boyz - Boyz
  • Slugga Boyz - Boyz

+ Elites +

  • Da Big 'Unz - Meganobz

+ Fast Attack +

  • Flyboyz - Stormboyz
  • Da Ex-Jet - Megatrakk Scrapjet

+ Heavy Support +

  • Looted Tank - Battlewagon

+ Lord of War +

  • Big Smashy - Morkanaut

+ Dedicated Transports +

  • Da Jeep - Trukk

Takeaways & Analysis:



Learned a lot in this one.  Cheap troops - while now not compulsory, are still critical to have to screen and bubble wrap the hard hitting units.  In this case, if I had brought some troops to initially contest my objectives, the Orks would have charged into them instead.  Then I could have counter-charged my elite units (terminators, vanguard vets) and gotten solid first strikes with them.  And of course, my opponent might not have even walked into that, so I would have had less pressure initially.  So that one bad choice (which I knew but still did anyway) had me mad at myself the whole game and got it off to a bad start right away.  

Some poor rolling with my anti-vehicle units, vs a vehicle heavy list was a disaster.  I'm very close to adding some more anti-vehicle models which should help.

Finally, I was sloppy with positioning, and it was one of those games where the opponent was capitalizing on them and it had the feeling of a competitive match rather than a narrative match.



No comments:

Post a Comment